• Welcome to our forum!

FSR 2016 - PRO Drivers interviews Part 2

PRO.png

David Cook

How much experience have you had with RF2, and other sim titles?
15 months with rF2. A year with F1 2011, a year with F1 2012. And some offline Forza 4.
League experience?
Started with the F1 2011 RaceDepartment Xbox360 league. Then again for F1 2012. Then FSR 2015 Winter Series, FSR Pro 2015, some races at PrestoGP and most recently the 2016 FSR Winter Series.
Open wheeler experience?
See above.
What stimulated your interest in FSR itself?
It seemed the most well respected league to my eyes. I had heard that Stoffel Vandoorne drove there and the Formula E commentator had done commentary in FSR. That piqued my interest and O'Reilly was joining so I followed him along.
Any favourite real world tracks?
Suzuka, Spa, the Norschleife, and recently Bathurst has become a favourite of mine.
And drivers?
Mark Webber, Robert Wickens, Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, Mikka Hakkinen, Damon Hill, Niki Lauda, Fernando Alonso, Daniel Ricciardo, Robert Kubica and many others I'm forgetting. I like most of the drivers really.

How are you feeling about Pro?
The rules of Pro are undetermined at this point so I don't know. I hope we will have, if anything, slightly longer races than last year. And though it gets a lot of teasing (sometimes deserved) there are lots of very good drivers on a typical Pro grid and I'm proud to be amongst many of them.
What are your expectations?
I would like my first podium. Fourth was my best last year, just a few seconds off of third at Suzuka.
Can you set up a car or will the team help in this area?
I suppose I can come up with a good one. I won a race in PrestoGP recently when there were at least two faster drivers on the grid. It was purely on having created the best setup after working very hard on it. But in FSR I find myself using my teammates' setups and giving my input.
What about strategy?
Pro strategies are typically very straightfoward. I am likely to spend more time helping Ace drivers with their strategies this year.
What would you say are your strengths?
I organize my preparation well, and I'm good at finishing races, and I'm never hotheaded in a race.
What do you feel you need to work on the most to improve?
Pace and first corner incidents. It's so hard to practise for possible first and second corner incidents and I'm afraid my instincts during an unrehearsed situation are often poor.
Why ACR as a team?
Great people in the team. Very happy working with them.
How are you feeling about your team mate?
He is a lousy person and driver. My dislike for him is longstanding and well known but management insists. I somehow find myself racing with him in my spare time too.
How are you feeling about the change to the V6 hybrid tech car for 2016?
I've done very little testing at this point so I don't know. But change is good and it seems some very intelligent people worked very hard on it.
Can you do better than last year (which was? best finish, final championship result)
Yes. I thought I deserved P7 overall last year but had some tragic luck in the final two rounds and ended up P9. I will do better this year. I will be willing to risk more and not just be happy to be taking part.
What will you do differently to 2015?
Fewer pitlane starts. Aiming higher.

Eugene van Loggerenberg
How much experience have you had with RF2, and othere sim titles?
RF2 only, first race was for FSR using RF2 in 2014 - Germany.
League experience?
Yes.
Open wheeler experience?
Yes.
What stimulated your interest in FSR itself?
Professionalism, Fairness and Dewald Nel.
Any favourite real world tracks?
Monza.
And drivers?
Kimi Raikkonen.
Which F1 driver do you most feel like?
Dont know what they feel like as we are all different.
Or want to feel like?
Me.
How are you feeling about Pro?
Excited.
What are your expectations?
Finish each race as best I can.
Will you get into the points?
Its why we all race.
Can you set up a car or will the team help in this area?
I can, but some tracks need engineering input from the team.
What about strategy?
Almost always changes depending on were you start.

What would you say are your strengths? (eg one lap quali pace, race craft, finishing, tyre mangement, strategy).
Race Craft.
What do you feel you need to work on the most to improve?
Everything.
Why ACR as a team?
Great support, Hardwork, no fuss lots of fun as well.
How are you feeling about your team mate?
I dont know him very well but we'll see how it goes.
How are you feeling about the change to the V6 hybrid tech car for 2016?
its been ok.
Can you do better than last year (which was? best finish, final championship result)
What will you do differently to 2015? One always want to do better, last year was not so good for me.

yes.png