• Welcome to our forum!

FSR 2016 - PRO Drivers interviews Part 1

PRO.png

Daniel Benefield
How much experience have you had with RF2, and other sim titles?
About 4 years experience.
League experience?
Muiltple top level iRacing league like ISOWC, NEO and Targa Series.
Open wheeler experience?
Many seasons of Indycar and Grand Prix Series on iRacing.
What stimulated your interest in FSR itself?
Needed a change from iRacing since I wasn't liking the car and knew my experience and results on iRacing would ring alarm bells here.
Any favourite real world tracks?
The norm really, Spa, Le Mans and The Green Hell.
And drivers?
Don't really have any, I watch it more for the analyst of strategy than anything else but Riccardo of course.
Which F1 driver do you most feel like?
Never considered it really.
Or want to feel like?
Don't really take notice, I prefer to be my own person.
How are you feeling about Pro?
Excited, looks like it's going to be competitive this year.
What are your expectations?
I'd be happy with top 5's with the occasional win but that would be like an added bonus.
Will you get into the points?
I would hope so.
Can you set up a car or will the team help in this area?
I'm still learning the different ways to setup the car in rFactor but I'm learning.
What about strategy?
Save fuel if need be, drive until the tyres die if not.
What would you say are your strengths? (eg one lap quali pace, race craft, finishing, tyre mangement, strategy). Tends to depend on track but I'm normally a stronger racer than qualifier.
What do you feel you need to work on the most to improve?
Car knowledge and setup but I think that'll come with experience.
Why ACR as a team?
Very big team with a lot of experience. Also has an iRacing division so I don't need to give iRacing up completely.
How are you feeling about your team mate?
A bunch of really nice guys. I look forward to working with them throughout the year.
How are you feeling about the change to the V6 hybrid tech car for 2016?
So far in testing, I'm liking the feel of the car, very different to last year's car since there's a lot more torque which probably doesn't quite suit my driving style but it's something that can be worked around.

Lukas Schmidt

How much experience have you had with RF2, and othere sim titles?
Codemasters F1 since 2010, rFactor for about 1.5 Years, rF2 for about half a year.
League experience?
Several German Simracing Leagues: rFactorFactory, IGA, German Racers
Open wheeler experience?
Same.
What stimulated your interest in FSR itself?
Because some people I know from an earlier league (Wengler/Hermsen) drove here, I startet watching the races in 2015. I was very fascinated of the driving and also the fights (for example Kweekel and Kallas in Austria). And furthermore I wanted to start driving rFactor 2 in a league and get a new challenge in a much more professional league like FSR.
Any favourite real world tracks?
Monaco
And drivers?
Sebastian Vettel and generally Sauber F1 Team
How are you feeling about Pro?
I think it is ideal for my entry in FSR. It wont be easy for me, it will be a challenge, but I hope that I will be able to get some good points and learn a lot.
What are your expectations? Will you get into the points?
I see 2016 as a learning year in FSR. I want to gain a lot of experience. I hope to get some midfield places and get as much points as possible.
Can you set up a car or will the team help in this area?
I know about all basic things to set up a car, but for the detailed work I still have to learn a lot and will need the help of the team.
What about strategy?
I mostly had some very good strategies in the rFactor leagues I drove for in the past 1.5 years and I also always liked to test the different strategies, finding out which is the fastest etc. but for sure this was all by far not as professional as it is here, because of that I think that I will need some help here too.
What would you say are your strengths?
Consistency, finishing, race craft: knowing when I should do a move and also when it's better to let it be
What do you feel you need to work on the most to improve?
tyre management, pace, set up work
Why ACR as a team?

I got several team offers, but at the end I decided to go with ACR because it is quite a big team with OFR that has several brilliant drivers in WC but surely also in the other series. I thought that here I will be able to learn very much and gain a lot of experience.
How are you feeling about your team mate?
(I don't know yet who will be my team mate)
How are you feeling about the change to the V6 hybrid tech car for 2016?
I already drove almost a whole F1 Season in an rFactor 1 league with 2015 spec car. Because of that I don't have much problems with it. I have more problems with the tire wear.